Updated: March 17, 2020 at 12:45 pm
As we all navigate how to act in this unprecedented situation, at the Christian Aid Center we continue our unwavering commitment to the following:
- Serving the people experiencing homelessness with wisdom and compassion.
- Doing all we can within safety recommendations, to continue basic services.
- Keeping our valuable volunteers and staff safe, and minimizing their exposure to other individuals.
- Being good stewards of the resources provided by our community.
In response to the new information regarding the COVID-19 public health crisis, until further notice, our services have been restructured as follows:
- The shelter remains open, with additional universal precautions for the spread of a virus
- The barbershop is closed
- Food giveaway continues at 5:30 pm, outside the dining room
- Wellness Clinic is open on Thursdays (8:00-11:00 am and 5:00-6:30 pm)
- All meetings/programs open to the community are canceled (including chapel services)
The following new procedures have been put in place:
- Meals will no longer be served in the dining room, but will be distributed in a “grab-and-go” system
- There are single-point-of-entry screening stations at each of our campuses for men, and for women and children
- Special quarters have been prepared for quarantining individuals, if the need arises
While we rely on the help of volunteers for daily operations, we fully support those who chose not to come to CAC during this time. We also request those who are experiencing any symptoms of sickness or higher risk, to please stay at home.
If you are a regular volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator (Jeannette Regalado 509-525-7153 ext. 114) with any questions or changes.
If you are interested in adding your name to a list of “Special Response Volunteers” who will be called as needed, please call Jeannette Regalado at 509-525-7153 ext. 114 or sign up online via the link below.
"Special Response Volunteer" Online Sign up
As always, we are grateful for your monetary donations. They allow us to meet our most critical needs. To help, please go to our website christianaidcenter.org.
We also appreciate in-kind donations. Please check our website for a list of immediate needs during this crisis.
Unlike many other nonprofits, we don’t receive any government support and are funded entirely by the generous donations of individuals and foundations who support our work. So now, more than ever before, we depend on our donors without whom we would not exist.