1946—Founded as the Union Gospel Mission at the corner of 4th Ave and Rose St. in a room in the Kaufman building. Started as a soup kitchen with chapel services.
1948 – Moved to 10 N. 4th Ave in the vacant State Hotel and added men’s shelter services.
1958 – Moved to 120 W Main in the old New York Store.
1963 – Name changed to Walla Walla Rescue Mission.
1971 – Moved to present location at 202 W. Birch on the corner of 4th Ave and Birch Street. Soon thereafter began providing emergency shelter for women, but gradually increased women’s shelter services.
1983 – Built four small units for women or small families on the current site.
1989 – Renamed as Christian Aid Center. Purchased four additional buildings near the existing main site for use in expanding Family Services.
2009 - Purchased three houses on Poplar and 4th Ave. to accomodate families for transitional housing.