As we all navigate how to act in this unprecedented situation, at the Christian Aid Center we continue our unwavering commitment to the following:
- Serving the people experiencing homelessness with wisdom and compassion.
- Doing all we can within safety recommendations, to continue basic services.
- Keeping our valuable volunteers and staff safe, and minimizing their exposure to other individuals.
- Being good stewards of the resources provided by our community.
In response to the new information regarding the COVID-19 public health crisis, our services have been restructured as follows:
- The shelter remains open, with additional universal precautions for the spread of a virus
- Meals are no longer served in the dining room, but are distributed in a “grab-and-go” system
- Food giveaway takes place at the same time as the meals: at 7:30 am, noon, and 5:30 pm; outside the dining room
- All meetings/programs open to the community are canceled
- The Wellness Clinic and barbershop are closed
The following new procedures have been put in place:
- Meals are served three times a day—breakfast at 7:30 am, lunch at noon, and dinner at 5:30 pm—and distributed in a “grab-and-go” system
- A new protocol is followed for new guests, which includes quarantine/testing
- All current guests are screened once-a-day
- Special quarters have been prepared for quarantining/isolating individuals, if the need arises
While we rely on the help of volunteers for daily operations, we fully support those who choose not to come to CAC during this time. We also request those who are experiencing any symptoms of sickness or are at a higher risk, to please stay at home.
If you are interested in adding your name to a list of “Special Response Volunteers” who will be called as needed, please call Jeannette Regalado at 509-525-7153 ext. 114 or click on the button below.
As always, we are grateful for your monetary donations. They allow us to meet our most critical needs. To help, please click on the “give now” button.
We also appreciate in-kind donations. Please check our website for a list of current needs during this crisis.
Unlike many other nonprofits, we don’t receive any government support and are funded entirely by the generous donations of individuals and foundations who support our work. So now, more than ever before, we depend on our donors without whom we would not exist.